Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default Beef Prices

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 17:59:12 +0000 (UTC), Doug Freyburger
> wrote:

>Kent wrote:
>>
>> As we all know, beef prices have risen to the moon in the past couple of
>> years. Prices were up 20% in 2011, and there is a projected 9% price rise
>> this year. There is a drought in texas, as severe as anything since 1935.

>Plus a lot more corn is fermented into ethanol for fuel and that means
>less to feed to the cows.

don't forget that last year the weather was unseasonably cold and wet
in the mid-west. Many farmers were unable to get into their fields to
plant. This year the upper mid-west is concerned about lack of
moisture. There has been a global shift in the jet stream, no telling
how long it will last.
Janet US