Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] 2009 Escarpment Pinot Noir

Tonight was a simple dinner of spaghetti and meatballs in a tomato-basil
sauce. Jean wanted a red wine with that, so we opened the last bottle
of a cache purchased locally:

2009 Escarpment Pinot Noir (Martinborough)
nose: rose petals, red fruits
palate: balanced acidity, velvety mouthfeel, medium body, long finish

This wine put me in mind of a well-made CA PN from a cooler climate
site. It had a lovely sense of fruit, great texture and was definitely
shaded to the red-fruit side of the spectrum. Once again, my preference
for the Pinot Noirs of Martinborough was reinforced.

Mark Lipton