Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,rec.food.drink.beer
David M. Taylor[_2_] David M. Taylor[_2_] is offline

Default Beer formula recently discovered from 1825 Archives

Use the light kind of treacle, not the dark stuff. The BU:GU ratio is
about 0.5, so there should be plenty of bitterness. Treacle is 90%
fermentable so it's not going to turn out to be sweet really, which is
also why I specified a thick mash at 158 F to help compensate for what
would otherwise be a very very dry beer.

--
David M. Taylor
"Just a drink, a little drink, and I'll be feeling GOOooOOooOOooD!!"