Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Does Anyone Still Make Angel Food Cakes From "Scratch"?

On 11/02/2012 6:13 PM, Polly Esther wrote:

> I just baked one of the Betty Crocker angel food cakes. Never one to
> leave well enough alone, I used orange juice instead of water and just a
> teaspoon of orange flavoring. Good enough to eat. Polly

I might suggest lemon. When I was a kid my mother often made angel food
cakes, or bought them if they were on sale, and would slice them
horizontally and put lemon pie filling between the layers and whipped
cream on the top and sides. It always went over well.