Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Stuffed shells.

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> : "W. Baker" > wrote in message
> : ...
> : > Julie Bove > wrote:
> : >
> : > : "BlueBrooke" > wrote in message
> : > : ...
> : > : > On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 14:26:39 -0500, Peppermint Patootie
> : > : > > wrote:
> : > : >
> : > : >>Why should I pick up and read a package when I have no interest in
> the
> : > : >>product?
> : > : >
> : > : > Not only that, also never having had any interest in the product,
> : > : > wouldn't be able to even find it in a store. I have no idea where
> : > : > they stock that stuff, let alone what's in it.
> : >
> : > : They're right with the eggs!
> : >
> : > Nope, not everywhere. things are different here in Manhattan.
>
> : They're sold with the eggs on Staten Island, they were in CA, they were
> on
> : Cape Cod, they were in PA and they are here. I guess for some reason
> : Manhattan is different.
>
> Even Up State, in rural Margaretville, they are not mixed in with teh
> eggs, but are on their own shelves in the refrigerator section, sometimes
> right near the refrigerated tortilla section with the eggs rather further
> along a few shelves lower. many peole I know also refer to them as "fake
> eggs" as they are used in place of whole eggs were whole eggs are called
> for in recipes.. They also may be found in the freezer. Peole also
> generally refer to them as egg substitutes becasue the substitute for
> whole eggs and don't fuss with what they are made of. The plain cartons
> of egg whites that are sometmes found are susually cheaper than the
> Eggbeaters or theeven the store brand of egg substitues. I know they are
> made form eggshites becuause I used to use them, butothers might well not.

Refrigerated tortillas? Most tortillas are sold on the shelf here.

As for the many people you know who refer to them as "fake eggs", I can't
address that other than to say they are wrong. It says right on the package
that they are eggs. Right on the front. I have never heard them referred
to as an egg substitute except for people on the Internet.