Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Stuffed shells.

Julie Bove > wrote:

: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: ...
: > Julie Bove > wrote:
: >
: > : "BlueBrooke" > wrote in message
: > : ...
: > : > On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 14:26:39 -0500, Peppermint Patootie
: > : > > wrote:
: > : >
: > : >>Why should I pick up and read a package when I have no interest in the
: > : >>product?
: > : >
: > : > Not only that, also never having had any interest in the product, I
: > : > wouldn't be able to even find it in a store. I have no idea where
: > : > they stock that stuff, let alone what's in it.
: >
: > : They're right with the eggs!
: >
: > Nope, not everywhere. things are different here in Manhattan.

: They're sold with the eggs on Staten Island, they were in CA, they were on
: Cape Cod, they were in PA and they are here. I guess for some reason
: Manhattan is different.

Even Up State, in rural Margaretville, they are not mixed in with teh
eggs, but are on their own shelves in the refrigerator section, sometimes
right near the refrigerated tortilla section with the eggs rather further
along a few shelves lower. many peole I know also refer to them as "fake
eggs" as they are used in place of whole eggs were whole eggs are called
for in recipes.. They also may be found in the freezer. Peole also
generally refer to them as egg substitutes becasue the substitute for
whole eggs and don't fuss with what they are made of. The plain cartons
of egg whites that are sometmes found are susually cheaper than the
Eggbeaters or theeven the store brand of egg substitues. I know they are
made form eggshites becuause I used to use them, butothers might well not.

Wendy