Posted to alt.food.diabetic
KROM KROM is offline

Default Julie

most scientist agree that we are just barely starting to understand how the
brain works we know far more about the universe then we do our own minds.

once you get what autism is and the huge scale it has..it is easy to
understand peoples so called "quirks"..

most "smart" people clearly have it in that it is what makes them exclude
outside influences and can work things out in their heads.

just observing them a bit makes it clear...bill gates..Steve jobs..mark
zuckerburg etc..

what we once thought a disability is likely what allowed us to go from the
trees in Africa to the space station and some day beyond.

KROM

"Robert Miles" wrote ...

I suspect that I have some of the Asperger's traits (Asperger's is on
the autistic scale), just not enough to ever get diagnosed. For
example, little interest in ever getting a girlfriend or getting
married.

However, in my case, I've found a likely cause - a problem dealing
with the faster forms of spoken words. For anyone talking at typical
TV actor speed or faster, without significant pauses, I seem to have
problems transferring it from short-term memory to long-term memory,
and therefore my memory of what they say often doesn't last longer
than about 1 minute. Communicating text through a computer, such as
in newsgroups, in easier, since I control the speed of how fast I
absorb it.