Posted to rec.food.cooking
merryb merryb is offline

Default Limburger - yikes - 15.99/lb ++

On Feb 6, 11:57*am, Kalmia > wrote:
> I'm thinking of adding this to my luxury grocery items list. *Used to
> be a quick, *fall-back-on meal, on an English, with onion. *Def. NOT
> to be eaten before any socializing, of course.
>
> My supermkt finally repriced the cream cheese. *For months, they had
> the 1 lb. vat priced higher per pound than the 8 ouncer. *I noticed
> they also marked down the diCecco. *Must've gotten near the pull
> date. *I'm waiting for them to put in on clearance and then.....dis
> kid will stock up.

My grandmother always had a big stash of cheese in her fridge. I
remember seeing Limburger in there and had heard about the smell, so I
took it out, opened it up, and took a big whiff. OMG- that was one of
the worst smells ever! I suppose it must taste better than it smells.
Parm smells like dirty feet to me, but tastes un-foot-like. I admit
I've never licked a dirty foot, tho!