Posted to rec.food.cooking
George L George L is offline

Default SCORE - Cheap meat and shrimp

Becca and I went shopping early this morning. HEB had pork ribs on sale for $1.27 a pound... bought 2 slabs. They had X-large EZ-peel shrimp for sale at $4.96 per pound sold in 2 pound bags. We are saving about 1/2 pound so Becca can make stuffed flounder later this week... and I'm making garlic shrimp and noodles tonight with the rest.

Also on sale were T-Bone steaks at $3.77 a pound. One for me, a smaller one for her.

Kroger also had ribs on sale for 99 cents a pound, but the nearest Kroger is 18 miles away and the HEB is 3/4 of a mile away so the HEB was a better value for us.

George L