Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,rec.food.drink.beer,rec.crafts.brewing
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Beer formula recently discovered from 1825 Archives

"Tom Biasi" > wrote in message
news
> On Sat, 4 Feb 2012 16:36:17 -0800, "Steve B" > wrote:
>

>>Beer drinkers have such a fine palate. I used to tend bar. Had a regular
>>who would come in, and order two beers because if I only brought him one,
>>he's be finished before I came round again. Nice gun, good tipper. Used
>>comment on how good his taster was. After three or four, I slipped him a
>>glass of something he didn't drink. How's that ****? Great, he said. I
>>told him that I had switched to a brand he expressly stated he didn't
>>like.
>>
>>Proved my point.
>>
>>Steve
>>

> Proved your point and lost your tip?
> BTW: What kind of gun did he have?
>
> Tom

He took it very well, actually. And I never ever slipped him a substitute
again. Even told him that now that I'd made my point that there was no need
to repeat it. If I saw him hit the door, I'd draw two and have them ready.
That was enough to keep his tipping streak alive. Yeah, that, and when he
was down to 1/4th of a beer, have another ready. And if he said he didn't
want another, I'd just say, well, then don't pay for something you don't
want, and he'd drink it or part, or I'd dump it.

Steve