Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default Negative calories

On Sat, 04 Feb 2012 10:14:32 -0800, sf > wrote:

>On Sat, 04 Feb 2012 08:47:58 -0800, Cindy Fuller
> wrote:
>
>> Only one problem with the "negative calorie" concept: What you eat WITH
>> the negative calorie food will negate the negative calories. Throw some
>> feta cheese, bacon, or dressing on that lettuce and you've more than
>> made up for the negativity.

>Dressing doesn't have to be an issue if you don't drown your lettuce
>in it and you don't need all that other stuff if your greens are
>interesting enough. I never put cheese or bacon on salad and rarely
>put tomato, onion or cucumber on it.

I couldn't eat a salad of greens. that tastes like awful grass to me.
my salads are full of vegetable chunks. no bacon or cheese though.
just salt and pepper, vinegar and oil.
as for celery sticks, I am in love with this stuff from Costco
'Skotidakis Jalepeno Yogurt Dip made with strained Greek yogurt '
50 calories for 2 tablespoons
Janet us