Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default Negative calories

On Thu, 02 Feb 2012 14:16:44 -0500, James Silverton
> wrote:

>"MC", posted this in alt.usage.english. It's an intriguing idea tho' I
>don't know how much celery I could eat at a sitting without ruining its
>negative effect by using cream cheese or a dip :-)
>
>------------------
>In article >,
> Evan Kirshenbaum > wrote:
>
> > Celery is also one of the only foods that imparts negative calories.
> > You consume more calories chewing it than the body can extract from
> > it.

>I've always wondered if that was true, so I looked on Snopes...
>
>And it *is*!
>
>http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/celery.asp
>

>Jim Silverton
>
>Extraneous "not" in Reply To.

my recent favorite snack is celery sticks dipped in a Jalapeno Greek
yogurt product from Costco. 50 calories for 2 tablespoon, plus
probiotics and calcium. very satisfying snack
janet us