Posted to rec.food.cooking
John Kuthe[_3_] John Kuthe[_3_] is offline

Default "Fried food heart risk 'a myth' (as long as you use olive oil orsunflower oil)"

On Feb 2, 9:19*am, Bryan > wrote:
> Actually, walnut is not particularly healthful. *I was surprised to
> find that out myself.http://curezone.com/foods/fatspercent.asp
> It is relatively high in linoleic, and relatively low in oleic. *It
> is, in fact, almost identical to soybean oil, just without the nasty
> taste. *That's no reason not to use *roasted* walnut oil for
> flavoring, but pecan is a far better choice for everyday use, and the
> non-roasted (neutral tasting) walnut oil has nothing good to offer.
>
> --Bryan

But "Roasted Walnut" and "Black Walnut" *sound* rich and attractive. I
suppose because of the nice finish walnut wood gives when sanded,
stained and/or oiled.

Walnut *is* a very tight grained and attractive wood.

John Kuthe...