Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Quick Bread Exchange Recipe?

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 21:18:39 -0800 (PST), JeanineAlyse
> wrote:

> On Jan 31, 8:34*pm, sf > wrote:
> > On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 17:02:11 -0800 (PST), JeanineAlyse
> > I was just looking at my recipes and I have one called Yogurt Banana
> > Bread that I bet would not be dry. *It calls for 1/2 plain yogurt and
> > 1/2 a cup of butter.... you know I'd nix the butter and go for 1cup
> > full fat yogurt. *Are you interested?

> Thanks, I'll pop into your mail box when I've decided, but for now I'm
> thinking to get away from a banana bread entirely. I've never been a
> fan and have made it just for others that may be. I'm thinking hard
> about a trying out the cherry pie filling bread to replace the crushed
> pineapple, with lots of red food coloring in it for "the season" and
> because we do not make much else with cherries at all. I've never
> heard of a cherry bread before, but I have a can or two in the pantry
> to give it a try by next week.
>
> Will post the outcome, whether really good or not so.

No problem. Have you considered soaking those cherries in some booze,
like brandy, before you use them? Did you remember you have a recipe
called Cranberry Apricot Rum Bread?

--

Tell congress not to censor the web. Add your voice here.
https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/