Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Post courtesies was Req: cooking rutabaga in micro

On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 11:18:03 -0600, "cshenk" > wrote:

> Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:
> >
> > Thanks for that.

> Welcome! Some of the other stuff suggested to me was like hitting a
> knat with a nuke from high orbit. I just wanted a simple and easy to
> use program that was free. My *impression* is several have at least
> looked at the other suggested programs and given up in disgust over
> them being a total PITA to figure out and setup.
>
> I had XanaNews up and running in less than 10 minutes. Over the next
> 2-3 days I added frills like colorized bits to show threads I was in
> and such but the work was minimal to get it running. The frills are
> nice, but it works fine without them right away on default.

Aha, so it's not just me. I've looked at other news readers that have
been suggested and decided I wasn't techie enough to run them... but
if your impression is the same, it probably wasn't me after all - it
was the program. Can you choose how many panes you want (I use the
single pane view)?

--

Tell congress not to censor the web. Add your voice here.
https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/