Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Post courtesies was Req: cooking rutabaga in micro

Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>"cshenk" > wrote in message
> > biig wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> >> Whatever....Do your worst....Sharon

> > Hi Sharon,
> >
> > If you want something that works well and feels like OE mostly but
> > has some frills, take a look at XanaNews. It's freeware (legal to
> > download and run in all countries). I added it here as I upgraded
> > computers and the newer OS had Livemail (WIN7) which doesn't add
> > the '>' markers and was driving me batty.

(snipped)

> Hi Carol. I am lucky in that my win7 is an early version and i
> don't have a problem with WLM. I have saved your post in case I
> have to upgrade or get a new version.
>
> Thanks for that.

Welcome! Some of the other stuff suggested to me was like hitting a
knat with a nuke from high orbit. I just wanted a simple and easy to
use program that was free. My *impression* is several have at least
looked at the other suggested programs and given up in disgust over
them being a total PITA to figure out and setup.

I had XanaNews up and running in less than 10 minutes. Over the next
2-3 days I added frills like colorized bits to show threads I was in
and such but the work was minimal to get it running. The frills are
nice, but it works fine without them right away on default.

Carol