Posted to rec.food.cooking
biig biig is offline

Default Post courtesies was Req: cooking rutabaga in micro

"Dan Abel" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Lou Decruss > wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 14:26:36 -0600, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>> >I took the time to try and explain it nicely and thoroughly to you so
>> >you would understand the problem.

>> I've very recently decided it's not worth the time on people who can't
>> make a post readable. Many people here and in other groups post from
>> google or use outhouse express and they do just fine. Sometime back a
>> few regulars from google were having a wrap problem and all three of
>> them fixed it. Spamtrap1888 uses google and Bob T uses outhouse and
>> both post perfectly.

> I'm willing to spend a little time. Let me try to summarize the
> problems:
>
> 1. People who use GoogleGropes don't have a lot of control over what
> happens. They use a browser and GG does what it wants. GG seems to
> quote correctly, but it throws in some weird header.
>
> 2. There's a line wrapping problem with some GG posts. I don't know
> why, or how to fix it, so I hope some kind soul will respond. I don't
> have a big problem with this, since my client, line wraps incoming posts
> so they are readable. They get a little ugly, especially as the quoting
> gets deeper and deeper, but I can read them.
>
> 3. When Outlook Express (and its relatives) is used to respond to a GG
> post, for some reason, it sees that weird header and decides not to
> quote at all. The solution is quotefix. I am assuming that the user
> can see that the quoting is not correct by just looking. However, since
> the user is doing the replying, they know what is their reply and what
> is the material they are replying to. Subsequent readers don't know
> that. It all looks like one post. The attributions are also at the
> same level. I believe that the user can just add their own quote marks
> as they reply. That's a big pain, but doing nothing means that the post
> is very unclear as to who posted what.
>
> --
> Dan Abel
> Petaluma, California USA

Keeping all the above content purposely....I will just say that sw could
have pointed out the error instead of making a snide remark about OE, and I
could have simply apologized for the error. I have already said that I'm
not that savvy about some of these things and have comprehension problems.
So it escalates to a tempest in a teapot. I will continue to read this group
and post when it is appropriate and he can nit pik to his heart's
content......Sharon in Canada