Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default skin em alive?

Jim Elbrecht wrote:

> And baby carrots *used* to be a real gourmet food. My garden
> doesn't do root crops well, but my old garden did & I used to plant
> lots of carrots and eat them *way* before their time. Yummy,
> sweet, tender-- no comparison to a mature carrot-- let alone a mature
> carrot that has been as abused as those 'baby' carrots.

Those fake baby carrots aren't bad but nothing like the real ones. I can
only grow things on my back balcony in somewhat shallow pots. I grow
carrots in the spring and due to the container size, I only get baby
carrots. They are good. It's an annual battle here though....I have to
pull them before the annoying squirrels dig them up.

Gary