Posted to rec.food.cooking
Roy[_2_] Roy[_2_] is offline

Default Req: cooking rutabaga in micro

On Friday, January 27, 2012 10:56:14 AM UTC-7, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 09:23:10 -0800 (PST), Roy >
> wrote:

> > > It shows up simply as two paragraphs with nothing to differentiate the
> > > reply in my newsreader.

> > To tell the truth George...that is the way it showed for me BUT the reply was in a DIFFERENT color to signify that it was not from the same author.. A good newsreader or browser DOES THAT. Its too bad that the standards set down many years ago are not implemented.

> So, this is all about a poster who isn't you? My news reader shows
> new post titles in a different color, but the body of those messages
> are all the same color. The only way I know who said what is by the
> quote markers, so when someone uses a news reader that doesn't insert
> them - their reply message is a garbled mess for me. Lack of line
> wrapping is bad, but not inserting proper quote markers is even worse
> (IMO).
>
> --
>
> Tell congress not to censor the web. Add your voice here.
> https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/

==
I get your point sf. We only see things from our own perspective. Nearly everything that I read no matter who posts it or with what system or program they use...is readable, albeit some are better than others.

I have a wide-screen which accommodates very well and I don't get all shook up if things don't conform. Ranting and screaming that someone is a dummy or retarded, or slow or whatever might make one feel superior but does not solve anything. We all eat and most cook and that should be paramount in most postings...and a bit of fun and games as well.