Posted to rec.food.cooking
George[_1_] George[_1_] is offline

Default Req: cooking rutabaga in micro

On 1/26/2012 8:53 AM, biig wrote:
> Does anyone have tips on cooking a rutabaga in the microwave. I know to
> wrap it in paper towel to absorb the wax, but knowing how long it takes to
> get diced done with steaming or boiling. The one I have is about a lb. or
> a little more. Thanks for any advice....Sharon in Canada

I would think it would overcook if you try to cook a whole one.

I use a vegetable peeler to peel the skin and then cut it up according
to how I will use it. That is usually in cubes.

My SIL has arthritis and I got her a good ceramic knife this Christmas.
She said having a really sharp knife made a big difference for her on
items such as root vegetables.