Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gloria P Gloria P is offline

Default Orange-Lemon Olive Oil Cake with Rosemary

On 1/25/2012 11:38 PM, Giusi wrote:

> Rosemary can be very hard to winter over. It can take a certain amount of
> cold and it can take a certain amount of water, but the combo of cold and
> wet is deadly. In the house it sometimes gets mites. I have always done
> whatever I had to, though.
> In Umbria it become alsmost a tree and the only thing that kills it are
> plumbers, IMO. It's one of life's great pleasures to grasp a rosemary
> branch, slide your hand along it and then smell your palm.

That fresh odor on your hand is heavenly with many herbs, but risemary
is my favorite.

I can't keep it alive in Colorado over the winter but daughter in San
Diego area grows it as a large shrub. It is so pretty when it's in
bloom, covered with tiny blue flowers.

gloria p