Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

Default Orange-Lemon Olive Oil Cake with Rosemary

Giusi wrote:
> "sf" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>
>> If you ever do buy it fresh, root a couple of sprigs. It's easy to
>> do. When you can have fresh whenever you want... you'll find you use
>> rosemary more often if you can just snip a few sprigs off your own
>> plant.

> Rosemary can be very hard to winter over. It can take a certain amount of
> cold and it can take a certain amount of water, but the combo of cold and
> wet is deadly.

I've not gotten one to live through a Chicago winter yet. Our USDA zone
has changed from 6a to 5b so maybe some future year.

> In the house it sometimes gets mites. I have always done
> whatever I had to, though.

They do fine indoors. Get one cut to look like a tiny Christmas tree
and keep it for the cooking uses.