Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Orange-Lemon Olive Oil Cake with Rosemary

On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 11:56:40 -0900, (Judy Haffner)
wrote:

> sf wrote:
>
> >The "pine needles" comment made me
> > think that she only has experience with
> > dried rosemary. I have a rosemary bush
> > outside, so I never even think about
> > dried. I even have a stash of chopped
> > fresh in the freezer for those times I'm
> > too lazy to go out and cut fresh.

> You're right, sf, I've never used fresh rosemary, and that probably
> would be much better. I didn't think of that, as have never had a herb
> garden of any kind, and when I looked at the fresh stuff in the stores
> here, they really don't look like they are in very good shape, so just
> buy the dried, so maybe it would have a better, more robust flavor when
> using the fresh. I never thought of that, when you were talking about it
> before.

I guess I need to insert the word "fresh" in front of rosemary since
we go with what we know. If you ever see fresh rosemary that's in
decent shape, chop it all up, put it in a baggie and freeze. It's the
next best thing to fresh.

If you ever do buy it fresh, root a couple of sprigs. It's easy to
do. When you can have fresh whenever you want... you'll find you use
rosemary more often if you can just snip a few sprigs off your own
plant.

--

Tell congress not to censor the web. Add your voice here.
https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/