Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Julie

"Robert Miles" > wrote in message
> On 1/7/2012 2:58 PM, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:
>> In >, "Julie
>> >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Generally when I make soup it is only because I have a bunch of
>>> vegetables
>>> to use up. I rarely plan to make soup just because I want it. I used
>>> make French Onion. But nobody else would eat it. I have some that I
>>> bought
>>> at Costco. It comes frozen. That is a big issue with me. I have an
>>> extreme
>>> dislike for preparing things from a frozen state and that's what you
>>> have to
>>> do with this. I have some in the microwave now. My hands are still
>>> cold
>>> from bringing it in from the freezer and struggling to get it out of the
>>> package. But it was pretty cheap and even though it is a tad saltier
>>> than I
>>> would prefer, it's not bad soup. And I know it is safe for me to eat
>>> because it lists all of the ingredients.

>> gee, if someone would only make something you could put on your hands to
>> keep
>> them warm

> Isn't Julie rather short on room to store that something when she
> isn't using it?

I did get a chest freezer this summer. I have had my fill of French onion
soup for a while. Once I eat those last two it will probably be a long time
before I buy it again. My freezer is quite full at the moment, mostly with
food for Angela. Aside from my egg allergy I really don't have to eat
special food. She does. So when we find it for a good price, we stock up
on it. I also have to pack a lot of ice cream and frozen treats in there
when my husband is home because no matter how much I buy it never seems to
be enough. I do have a few things in that freezer. But most of the food is
not mine.