Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Robert Miles[_4_] Robert Miles[_4_] is offline

Default Julie

On 1/6/2012 6:18 AM, Evelyn wrote:
> On 06 Jan 2012 06:51:14 GMT, Nick >
> wrote:
>
>> > wrote:

[snip]
>> I had some spicy pan-fried tuna for dinner. Did I say, "spicy?" I had to
>> take a Tbs of glutinous rice (Thai cao niao) after every other mouthful. I
>> only ate half a small bowl, but, oh my, it sure was good!

> Since my stomach surgery I cannot seem to get enough of spicy hot
> food. I could LIVE on chili and hot stuff. Cayenne (capsicum) is
> an anti-inflammatory, so maybe my body was healing itself with hot
> pepper.
>
> Evelyn

If you want something really hot, look for habanero (with a ~
above the n) peppers or Scotch bonnet peppers; until recently,
the hottest peppers known, and the newer ones are still hard
to find.

I've read that they're often sold in stores specializing in
Mexican foods, but sometimes only to people who ask for them
in Spanish.

Robert Miles