Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Lemon-Cake Sqs. (Was Orange-Lemon Olive Oil Cake with Rosemary)

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 16:35:49 -0900, (Judy Haffner)
wrote:

> Lemon-Cake Squares
>
> 6 tbsp. butter, softened
> 1 cup sugar <divided into two 1/2 cup portions>
> 2 egg
> 1-1/2 cups flour
> 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
> 1/4 tsp. salt
> grated rind of 1 lemon

<juice of one lemon?>
> 1/2 cup milk
>
> Beat eggs in large bowl for electric mixer, beat in butter and sugar.
> Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix thoroughly. Add milk and lemon
> rind; beat until thoroughly mixed. Pour batter into greased 13 x 9"
> baking pan. Bake at 350º for 22 to 25 minutes (my oven bakes a little
> hot, so I bake it for the lesser time). In the meantime, stir together
> in small bowl, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and juice of 1 lemon. Remove
> cake from oven and carefully spoon mixture over top of cake; return to
> oven and continue baking for 5 minutes. Cut into small squares while
> still warm.
>
> Judy

Thanks Judy - copied and saved. I like them easy! Add "divide the
sugar into two 1/2 cups portions" and "juice of one lemon" to the
recipe?

--

Tell congress not to censor the web. Add your voice here.
https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/