Posted to rec.food.cooking
Judy Haffner Judy Haffner is offline

Default Lemon-Cake Sqs. (Was Orange-Lemon Olive Oil Cake with Rosemary)

Lemon-Cake Squares

6 tbsp. butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 egg
1-1/2 cups flour
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
grated rind of 1 lemon
1/2 cup milk

Beat eggs in large bowl for electric mixer, beat in butter and sugar.
Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix thoroughly. Add milk and lemon
rind; beat until thoroughly mixed. Pour batter into greased 13 x 9"
baking pan. Bake at 350º for 22 to 25 minutes (my oven bakes a little
hot, so I bake it for the lesser time). In the meantime, stir together
in small bowl, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and juice of 1 lemon. Remove
cake from oven and carefully spoon mixture over top of cake; return to
oven and continue baking for 5 minutes. Cut into small squares while
still warm.

Judy

FoodBanter.com Database Error
Database Error Database error
The FoodBanter.com database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.foodbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.foodbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.