Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

Default Chopsticks

On 2012-01-21 21:46:39 +0000, notbob said:

> On 2012-01-21, Ross@home <Ross@home> wrote:
>
>> They were very proficient with their chopsticks, deftly using them to
>> push the food onto their forks.

> That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard and have never witnessed such
> a preposterous exercise in my life. In short, yer a lying troll!!

I see this frequently in Japanese restaurants, but not with a fork.
They use the chopsticks to place the items they want into a soup-spoon,
neatly meticulously; a little piece of park, a few pieces of this green
or that. Then they put the spoon in their mouth. I've seen kids do
that too, but particularly women.

Why they do it just so, I can't say. I prefer a more rapid way of
getting it in my mouth.
--
I do not feel obligated to believe that the same God who has endowed us
with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use.