Posted to rec.food.cooking
Judy Haffner Judy Haffner is offline

Default Orange-Lemon Olive Oil Cake with Rosemary

sf wrote:

>I'd never baked with it before. Don't even
> know why I had it on hand, but I did. I
> *really* like that cake! Flourless
> brownies are next on the agenda.
> Maybe I should use raw sugar for that
> too.

I've never made flourless brownies before, but I'll be curious to see
how they turn out, if you do make them? Have you ever made flourless
peanut butter cookies? They are REALLY good...my hubby loves them over
any others.

I must say the cake you made sounds very "different" and one I would
never have been interested in making, just seeing the recipe. First off
rosemary in a dessert of any kind, sounds very strange to me. I like
rosemary, when it's crushed up and added to a meat dish of some kind, or
perhaps bread, or rolls to be eaten with a meal, but not cake, cookies,
pie, etc. I call that seasoning "pine needles" (LOL) seems like a
strange flavor to put in a cake?! I also have never heard of using
olive oil in a cake. I buy it to fry with, and sometimes for a salad
dressing. Nor have I ever heard of aluminum-free baking powder??? I'm 71
years old and have been baking since the age of 9, but this recipe
contains a lot of "firsts" for me...unusual recipe indeed, and I must
say it's hard for me to imagine that it would be that good, though I do
love anything citrus.

I've also never used raw sugar..ever, but my grandfather swore by it,
and called refined sugar "rat food", as he did bleached flour, but I've
never used the unbleached four for anything.

Yesterday I made some Lemon Cake Squares and they are divine! Is an old
recipe, and hadn't made them in ages, but hubby and I about ate the
whole pan while they were still warm! >)

Judy