Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default Stevia based sweeteners (Truvia, etc.)

Doug Freyburger > wrote:
>Steve Pope wrote:
>> Doug Freyburger > wrote:
>>
>>>In college we did a blind tasting of vodka shots. No one could tell any
>>>of the top shelf brands apart. No one could tell the discount brands
>>>apart. Only half could tell the top shelf brands from the bottom shelf
>>>brands. Fewer can tell the difference than think they can.

>> As far as taste goes, I do not think there is too much difference
>> between Ketel One, Stoli, and Grey Goose; whereas Effen is
>> possibly superior to any of these.

>Have you ever tried a blind tasting of shots

No

>in clean glasses with the
>bottles stored over night in the freezer?

Why would that be a necessary part of a blind tasting?

>If you can tell the
>difference among those brands in that situation then your tastes are
>more refined than mine.

I cannot say for sure I could tell them apart in a blind taste test.

>We used Finlandia, Aboslut and Stoli from the
>Soviet Union back in 1977 or so. I could just barely tell those top
>shelf brands from the bottom shelf brands. No way I can tell with any
>mixer stronger than a twist of lemon rind.

Those are all sub-top-shelf brands today. I'm not even sure Ketel One
counts as top-shelf at this point. (Whatever "top-shelf" means,
I'm not certain.)

Steve