Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

Default Stevia based sweeteners (Truvia, etc.)

Steve Pope wrote:
> Doug Freyburger > wrote:
>
>>In college we did a blind tasting of vodka shots. No one could tell any
>>of the top shelf brands apart. No one could tell the discount brands
>>apart. Only half could tell the top shelf brands from the bottom shelf
>>brands. Fewer can tell the difference than think they can.

> As far as taste goes, I do not think there is too much difference
> between Ketel One, Stoli, and Grey Goose; whereas Effen is
> possibly superior to any of these.

Have you ever tried a blind tasting of shots in clean glasses with the
bottles stored over night in the freezer? If you can tell the
difference among those brands in that situation then your tastes are
more refined than mine. We used Finlandia, Aboslut and Stoli from the
Soviet Union back in 1977 or so. I could just barely tell those top
shelf brands from the bottom shelf brands. No way I can tell with any
mixer stronger than a twist of lemon rind.