Posted to rec.food.cooking
John Kuthe[_3_] John Kuthe[_3_] is offline

Default Stevia based sweeteners (Truvia, etc.)

On Jan 15, 9:16*pm, Bryan > wrote:
> On Jan 14, 12:17*pm, Gary > wrote:
>
> > Bryan wrote:

> > > It wasn't cheap vodka.

> > Cheap vodka will get you to that special place as well a good vodka. *That's
> > assuming you can taste a difference. *It all tastes like crap to me.

> > I worked with a fellow once that had good and cheap vodka. The first drink
> > was using the good stuff...from there he switched to the cheap stuff.

> > IMO, if it burns, you shouldn't be drinking it.

> I haven't put 80 proof straight into my body in well over 10 years,
> and probably never will again. *The only alcoholic beverages that I
> enjoy the taste of are a few types of high quality beers, and a few
> sweet liqueurs like Chambord. *Vodka is tolerable when mixed with
> water, freshly squeezed lemon or lime, and liquid sucralose.
> Milwaukee's Best Light is tolerable when really cold. *They are
> ethanol delivery vehicles, nothing more. *A few drinks in the evening,
> and I sleep nicely. *If the alcohol buzz came in pill form, I'd be
> fine with that.

Alcohol actually messes with your normal sleep patterns. Yes it's CNS
depressant, but facts are facts.

And I had a Maker's Mark on the rocks a while back (no water, until
the ice melted) and yes it was like WOAH! at first sip, but I like
Maker's! And it was quite nice! Got a bit of a buzz from it too. I
normally don't drink alone (explains why there's a $30 bottle of
whiskey sitting on my desk unopened-Christmas gift!), but I did that
evening and it was pretty cool.

John Kuthe...