Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

Default Stevia based sweeteners (Truvia, etc.)

Gary wrote:

> Cheap vodka will get you to that special place as well a good vodka. That's
> assuming you can taste a difference. It all tastes like crap to me.

In college we did a blind tasting of vodka shots. No one could tell any
of the top shelf brands apart. No one could tell the discount brands
apart. Only half could tell the top shelf brands from the bottom shelf
brands. Fewer can tell the difference than think they can.

> I worked with a fellow once that had good and cheap vodka. The first drink
> was using the good stuff...from there he switched to the cheap stuff.

Makes sense. Or if you drink very little vodka just get one bottle of
any top shelf brand you can find on sale and use that.