William Frazier

Default Planting grapes / was Where are you

richard e white wrote "Well I am new here and only dropped by for tips on
planting red seed less grapes as I suddenly have two in the little pots that
they will grow through. but I live in the Santee, Cal, USA area. how do I go
about planting them? how much dirt do they need? are they ground plants
only or can they be in above ground gardens? as you might have guessed I
know nothing about plaint them or growing them."

Richard - If your plants are indeed grape vines they need to be planted
outside in the ground. Grape vines develop very deep roots. Your
California climate is perfect for grapes. Ideally they would be planted in
an area that gets full sun. Be prepared to water newly planted grape vines.
Go to www.Rakgrape.com for more complete grape planting instructions.

If you live in an apartment or some other location where you don't have a
yard for your grapes check out this site ~
http://www.spraag.com/africusrex/. This is a very interesting way to grow
grape vines in pots.

Bill Frazier
Olathe, Kansas USA