Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Evelyn Evelyn is offline

Default For one who shall remain nameless.....

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 01:34:07 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> wrote:

>"Evelyn" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 00:45:29 +1000, "Ozgirl"
>> > wrote:

>>>Did someone mention yoghurt? In what way were you stalked? Who said
>>>who
>>>was ****ed in the head? Who told you to fall into line? I mentioned
>>>months ago probiotics were good for healing guts especially for people
>>>with IBS, then whaddya know your own vet thinks Jasper might have IBS.
>>>And whaddya know a lot of vets prescribe probiotics. Surely better to
>>>try probiotics first instead of prednisone?

>> Ozgirl, you have got to know when to quit a fruitless battle! Susan
>> is not listening to your advice. Not because your advice is no good,
>> but because the conversation has escalated into a situation involving
>> too much anger and misunderstanding on both sides for anyone involved
>> to take anyone elses non-professional, newsgroup advice!
>>
>> Susan's got a good vet and the vet has better credentials to treat the
>> cat than either you or I, and probably of Susan either. We should
>> all let them pursue whatever course the vet thinks is a good plan.
>>
>> There are millions of cats who get no medical care, die in shelters
>> yearly, for no fault of their own. I cannot see getting worked up
>> over a cat that is loved, fed well, vetted regularly, and treated with
>> good will!
>>
>> Prednisone happened to have once saved my life, so although I share
>> your dislike of the medication, there are times when it can help.

>Believe it or not I don't have anything against prednisone either, it
>has saved Jasmine's life a small few times. I wouldn't advocate it
>without a very good reason though.

Absolutely. I am sure that all alternatives were weighed carefully
before deciding on that course.

You sometimes just have to rely on professionals who see and treat far
more animals than we ever could in our personal experience.

No matter what the opinions are, the people involved are the best ones
to do that.

Evelyn