Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default For one who shall remain nameless.....

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 13:22:37 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> > wrote:

>>> and then there was the day Ratty started a.s.d.uk
>>>
>>> and someone spoke of a 'fanny pack'
>>>
>>> giggle
>>>
>>> i'll never forget THAT discussion, with NO ONE wanting to explain to
>>> the OP what was 'heard'
>>>
>>> countries divided by a common language

>>Yet in this case it is not. Its a case of a few people not having
>>heard
>>the phrase in any way other than meaning to put down an animal. So
>>therefore it can't mean anything else.

> I am 70 years old and have read and spoken American English all my
> life. That is honestly the only way I have ever heard the expression
> used. But if you didn't mean it that way, and say that it is used
> differently where you come from, I believe you.

Its not just my word, I did provide concrete evidence that there are two
meanings to this idiom.
I prefer people not to take me at my word in a case like this and check
up themselves. If it meant only one thing it wouldn't be necessary to
give it two meanings.