Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Tiger Lily Tiger Lily is offline

Default For one who shall remain nameless.....

On 1/9/2012 4:58 PM, Susan wrote:
> The vet, once again today on the phone, recommended against ultra sound
> or anything else stressful because the treatment she'd recommend would
> be the same no matter what: Prednisone. I'm not completely comfortable
> with it, fearing the worst, but may have to if he flares up again.
>
> Right now he's fine, but I'll have the Prednisone on hand. If it gets
> by him in a cheddar cheese cube, we can use it if he gets bad again. If
> it doesn't... :-(
>
> Susan

keep hope Susan

i had a small dog that was rough housing with a beagle oh, 5 times her size

the beagle put her paw on the small dog to STOP IT for a minute or second

the beagle wasn't being nasty or rough or out of line

unfortunately the small dog ruptured a disc

steroids, pain killers, gravol and special easy to eat foods solved the
problem over time........ along with a lot of 'patterning' to maintain
her mobility

the vet didn't think she would ever walk again

she walked like a drunken sailor on her next visit

he suggested a doggie trailer/wheelchair ?? dunno what to call it

we looked into that and continued the patterning

the next visit, she had some slippage, but was walking close to normally

the vet said he had NEVER seen a recovery like that and if i hadn't
brought her in, he would never have believed it

she regained 'close to normal' walking capabilities, but we were ever
watchful for her over doing things......... or getting too bossy with
the beagle again!

kate