Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Cheri[_3_] Cheri[_3_] is offline

Default Egg Balls

I've been trying some new recipes from a really old cookbook (new to me
anyway) and I liked this a lot.

2 hard boiled eggs
1 raw egg
4 TBS of crumbs (from whatever source you like) I used a slice of flax bread
that I crumbed in the Cuisinart.
1/2 tsp salt
dash of cayenne
a little grated nutmeg (optional)
a few drops of lemon juice.

Mince the hard boiled eggs very fine (I used a fine plane grater) mix well,
add the seasoning and 2 TBS of the crumbs. Stir all together with enough of
the beaten raw egg to bind. Form into balls about 3/4 inch in diameter. Roll
these in the leftover raw egg, and then roll into the other 2TBS of crumbs
to coat. Let sit uncovered in fridge for 15 or so minutes. Drop into boiling
stock ( I used a can of chicken stock with some chopped up green beans in
it) and cook until firm, about 5 minutes. They were tasty and filling.