Alex

Default 5 gallon keg and Argon for wine storage?

Hello,
I was thinking about using a 5 gallon soda keg to store my wine when the
volume is less than I can put in one of my carboys. I would use argon
instead of CO2 to purge and pressurize the keg (the lid won't seal without
some pressure ~5PSI). Does anyone here do this and is there any reason why
this is a bad idea. I have all of the kegging stuff for home brewing I
would just have to buy an argon tank and an adapter for my regulator. I
know a variable capacity tank would be better and I am getting one but I
make white and red wine and can't afford to buy two tanks this year. I
think the whole argon deal will cost me about $60-80.
-Alex