Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Evelyn Evelyn is offline

Default What I did with leftover rotisserie chicken

I was in the mood for soup, and decided to try this simple recipe I
had saved. It was not only good it was positively awesome! Hubby
loved it so much he went back for a second big bowl full and told me
to PLEASE make that one again!

MULLIGATAWNY (CHICKEN) SOUP

1/2 c. butter

1 c. diced onion

1 c. diced celery

1 c. diced carrots

1 small potato, peeled and diced

1/2 tsp. curry powder

1/4 c. uncooked rice

6 c. chicken broth

1 (8 oz.) can tomatoes, diced with liquid

2 bay leaves

1/8 tsp. Thyme

2 c. diced cooked chicken

Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

In a large pot, melt butter.

Add celery, onions and carrots and sauté in butter for 5 minutes.

Add curry and rice, sauté 1 minute more.

Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, bay leaves and thyme.

Heat to boiling, cover and simmer 25 minutes.

Add salt, pepper and chicken just before serving.

Garnish with parsley.

Serves 6-8.

(I used one quart of my home made chicken broth and two cups of water
with one Knorr chicken bouillion cube for the rest of the broth)

This was so incredibly simple and so good you can't believe it.

The only thing I might do differently is use a tad more Curry powder,
since we both like it.