Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mike Muth Mike Muth is offline

Default bounced mail

Sqwertz > wrote:

> To you, maybe. But to me, in technical speak, they are sent VIA
> drastically different protocols to different kinds of servers (that
> have almost nothing in common) run by completely different types of
> companies. From there it gets even more diversely different.

RFC 850 says, " Therefore, the rule is adopted that all USENET news
articles must be formatted as valid ARPANET mail messages."

Posts are email which is propagated differently, but not in a drastically
different manner. The ports are, of course, different.

Obviously, the infrastructure and inter-server traffic is different - but,
I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about messages going to the
nntp servers.

BTW, you may not have noticed, but companies which provide usenet service
also provide e-mail services. As most people know, the reverse is often
not true.

--
Mike
Visit my forums at: