ernie

Default Pinot Noir

Following up: I forgot about Google's group archive when I posted, and
when I looked I found lots of threads on this grape, including many posts from
Tom. It's Darwin's "lite kool aid" that I'm hoping to avoid; sounds like
a good cold soak and slow fermentation on the skins is the trick.

The prices for decent PN grapes are daunting, almost twice I've been
paying for local Contra Costa mourvedre or Lodi petit sirah, and that's part
of my hesitation. I'm hoping to do a gleaning/"second harvest" up on the
Russian River or possibly the Monterey highlands.