Posted to rec.food.cooking
Giusi Giusi is offline

Default Time for defrosting

"Pico Rico" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> "gloria.p" > wrote in message
>> On 12/30/2011 9:06 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>> "gloria.p" wrote:

>>> A garage is never a good choice for a refrigerator/freezer...
>>> household units are designed to operate within normal living
>>> temperatures.... any extremes will damage/shorten its life.
>>> http://www.geappliances.com/search/f...e/10000320.htm
>>>

>> You have said that before. We have had a garage freezer for 45+ years in
>> New England and Colorado. The first one lasted from 1970-2008.
>>

> But of course. The link does NOT say anything about a shortened life.
>
> I also think it is funny that is says at 32 degrees, the refrigerator will
> loose its ability to cool.

I know my refrigerator doesn't work unless it is in 13°C or up, but I do
have a freezer in the garage. The harage is stone, thick walled and small.
It also holds the boiler for the central heating and the water softener in
it. The three appliances generate enough heat to make a warmish night place
for cats. I left them a roll of landscaping felt for a couch and they are
pleased. So are all the appliances.