Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora[_2_] Pandora[_2_] is offline

Default Pizza Magic alla Pandora (for pizza lovers)

On 30 Dic, 19:23, zxcvbob > wrote:
> Pandora wrote:
> > On 30 Dic, 17:58, zxcvbob > wrote:
> >> If you roll it with a pin, you'll have to let the dough start to rise
> >> again before you bake it -- but that takes what, 30 minutes at the most?
> >> It can be doing that while you prepare the sauce and grate the cheese.

> >> I make a very moist pizza dough and I press it into the pan with my
> >> fingertips. *It could be rolled, but you'd have to use a lot of flour on
> >> the board.

> >> -Bob

> > Not a lot! the problem with using fingers is that pizza dough hasn't
> > (it happens very often) the same thickness all over its surface.
> > Another thing: season pizza with tomatoe sauce before the long rising
> > (2 hours, because 30 are too less! Remember that first rising was only
> > of 1/2 hour) give it the right lightness, crispness and softness I
> > have never seen using other recipes.
> > Cheers
> > Pandora

> OK, I was talking about pizza dough in general. *I saw your recipe but
> hadn't really studied it.
>
> When I make pizza, I let the dough rise for several hours for the first
> rise -- preferably overnight (or longer) in the fridge. *I may try
> rolling it next time and see what difference it makes.
>
> -Bob

Yes. You have understood perfectly. I have tried a lot of ways to make
pizza, and before this, I used, like you, to leave the dough in the
fridge overnight. In this way you have a lighter dough. With my last
method (the one in the recipe) you can avoid to wait all those hours
to have a light and perfectly rised pizza!
cheers
Pandora