Posted to rec.food.cooking
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Pizza Magic alla Pandora (for pizza lovers)

Pandora wrote:
> On 30 Dic, 17:58, zxcvbob > wrote:

>> If you roll it with a pin, you'll have to let the dough start to rise
>> again before you bake it -- but that takes what, 30 minutes at the most?
>> It can be doing that while you prepare the sauce and grate the cheese.
>>
>> I make a very moist pizza dough and I press it into the pan with my
>> fingertips. It could be rolled, but you'd have to use a lot of flour on
>> the board.
>>
>> -Bob

> Not a lot! the problem with using fingers is that pizza dough hasn't
> (it happens very often) the same thickness all over its surface.
> Another thing: season pizza with tomatoe sauce before the long rising
> (2 hours, because 30 are too less! Remember that first rising was only
> of 1/2 hour) give it the right lightness, crispness and softness I
> have never seen using other recipes.
> Cheers
> Pandora

OK, I was talking about pizza dough in general. I saw your recipe but
hadn't really studied it.

When I make pizza, I let the dough rise for several hours for the first
rise -- preferably overnight (or longer) in the fridge. I may try
rolling it next time and see what difference it makes.

-Bob