Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora[_2_] Pandora[_2_] is offline

Default Pizza Magic alla Pandora (for pizza lovers)

On 30 Dic, 17:58, zxcvbob > wrote:
> Kalmia wrote:
> > On Dec 29, 1:19 pm, Pandora > wrote:
> >> Make the fountain with the flour. In the middle put yeast and sugar.
> >> Add oil and water few at a time. Knead till the dough is perfectly
> >> smooth (about 10’); if it is too much sticky add some other flour.
> >> Make 2 balls and with a knife impress a cross over them. Let them rise
> >> (covered with a damped kitchen towel) for half an hour. When is the
> >> time, take 1 ball and, with a rolling pin, roll out the dough at about
> >> 3 mm. thickness (think it will rise again more then double. Oil the
> >> baking pin and put inside the dough just made.

> > I'm glad to see that you used a rolling pin. *I don't know how many
> > times I've read never to roll out pizza dough, but heck - how many ppl
> > can do the air-twirl? *Not THIS kid. *I gently roll mine all the time.

> > Your recipe is like mine - only I let my ABM do the work.

> If you roll it with a pin, you'll have to let the dough start to rise
> again before you bake it -- but that takes what, 30 minutes at the most?
> * It can be doing that while you prepare the sauce and grate the cheese..
>
> I make a very moist pizza dough and I press it into the pan with my
> fingertips. *It could be rolled, but you'd have to use a lot of flour on
> the board.
>
> -Bob

Not a lot! the problem with using fingers is that pizza dough hasn't
(it happens very often) the same thickness all over its surface.
Another thing: season pizza with tomatoe sauce before the long rising
(2 hours, because 30 are too less! Remember that first rising was only
of 1/2 hour) give it the right lightness, crispness and softness I
have never seen using other recipes.
Cheers
Pandora