Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Time for defrosting

In article >,
Cheryl > wrote:

> What's your best method for defrosting a freezer? I usually use pots of
> boiling water, but this freezer is downstairs, the kitchen is upstairs.
> First time for this since getting the freezer.

Washer and dryer are in the basement and the tubs are arms length from
the freezer. Hot water, swapped out frequently, is my first choice. A
hair dryer is helpful, too. My basement is cool and I just put the
goods in boxes while I'm defrosting -- cover them with a rug or
something to add a bit of insulation for keeping things cold.
--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller September 5, 2011