Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Time for defrosting

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
> My fridge is just about empty so time for an easy scrubbing for that
> beast. The top freezer doesn't have much in it, so easy to scrub that out
> quickly. That one is self-defrosting.
>
> My downstairs freezer isn't a no-frost one, and it's been cold enough
> outside to think about putting most in a couple of coolers outside to get
> it done.
>
> What's your best method for defrosting a freezer? I usually use pots of
> boiling water, but this freezer is downstairs, the kitchen is upstairs.
> First time for this since getting the freezer.

I was going to defrost mine but then it occurred to me that since it is in
the garage, it would need some kind of help to get warm enough to defrost!
Duh. I have some spray bottles of stuff that I bought that are supposed to
hasten the defrosting. Don't know if that actually works or not. My
freezer came with a little ice scraper. I just used it on the obvious ice
that was up near the top. That will have to do for now.