Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cheryl[_3_] Cheryl[_3_] is offline

Default Time for defrosting

My fridge is just about empty so time for an easy scrubbing for that
beast. The top freezer doesn't have much in it, so easy to scrub that
out quickly. That one is self-defrosting.

My downstairs freezer isn't a no-frost one, and it's been cold enough
outside to think about putting most in a couple of coolers outside to
get it done.

What's your best method for defrosting a freezer? I usually use pots of
boiling water, but this freezer is downstairs, the kitchen is upstairs.
First time for this since getting the freezer.