Ben Rotter

Default Disgorging, and brine composition

Oberon,

The lowest freezing temperature (of a little lower than -20 C / -4 F)
for a brine (NaCl) solution occurs with a brine concentration of about
23% (w/w). So you could aim for that. Disgorgement is often, however,
conducted in brine solutions at -15 C (5 F), which corresponds to a
brine concentration of both 17 and 25%.

Based on that, I'd recommend staying within the range 15-25% brine
solution. A solution of 20% would be ideal. This would require 200 g/l
salt or 1.7 lbs/US gal. Using 1.5 lbs salt per US gal. would be fine.

HTH,
Ben